How to add a journal?
- Click on “Finance” from the main dashboard.
- Click on “Journals”.
- Click on “Add Journal” at the top right of the page.
- Fill the fields with the required details as below:
- Date: Enter the date of the journal.
- Currency: choose the required currency.
- Description: Enter the description of the journal.
- Number: it is a sequential number for the journal. <Note: this number editable and it cannot be duplicated, for more info please review the “Numbering Sequence“ tutorial>
- Account Name: Choose the required account that represents the debtor’s journal.
- Description: Enter the description of the debtor in the journal.
- Debit: Enter the debit amount.
- Add New Line: This button to add a new line.
- Click on “Save”.
- You can add a number of lines to assign more secondary accounts including debtors and creditors in the case of the compound journals.
- The journals have to be saved to ensure that the total amount in both creditors and debtors is identical