What is a credit note?
A credit note or credit memo is a commercial document issued by a seller to a buyer. Credit notes act as a source document for the sales return journal. In other words, the credit note is evidence of the reduction in sales. A credit memo, a contraction of the term “credit memorandum”, is evidence of a reduction in the amount that a buyer owes a seller under the terms of an earlier invoice.
It can also be a document from a bank to a depositor to indicate the depositor’s balance is being in an event other than a deposit, such as the collection by the bank of the depositor’s note receivable.
How to create a credit note directly from a client's file?
- Click on Clients from the main menu column on the right side.
- Click on Manage Clients.
- On the main clients’ page there is a list of the clients’ files.
- Click on the required client’s file.
- Click on “More Actions”.
- Click on “Create Credit Note”.
- Fill in the required details.
- Click on “Save & Send Email” at the bottom right of the page or click on the bottom arrow for options.
<For more info, please review the “Create A Credit Note“ tutorial>