How to create a refund receipt?
All businesses should have a refund policy! in case you need to refund a customer a part or full payment of their invoice, please follow the below steps:
- Click on “Sales” from the main dashboard.
- Click on “Manage Invoices”.
- Click on the invoice that you need to refund.
- Click on “Other Options” drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu click on “Create Refund Receipt”
- The system shows you a screen of adding a refund receipt with the same details as the actual invoice.
- In case it’s not required to refund the whole amount of the invoice. Just follow the below steps:
- Remove only the items that it is not required to refund by clicking on the red cross button at the right of the invoice table.
- You can also adjust the amount that you’d like to refund, ie: if the invoice is $100, you can choose to refund $100 or less amount
- Click on “Preview” to preview the receipt with web format or click on the bottom arrow then click on “PDF Preview” to preview the receipt with PDF format.
- Click on “Save as Draft” to save the refund receipt and get back to it later.
- Click on “Save & Print” or “Save & Send Email” to save and print or email the refund receipt to your client or click on the bottom arrow to click on “Save & Don’t Print” or “Save & Don’t Email” to save without any further actions or click on ‘Send With Revised Email” to review the email before sending it to your customer.
Note: The system will mark the invoice with the “Refunded” word.